Sunday, September 27, 2009

Preparing for our Baby Girl...

Hello everyone! Last week, we had another anatomy ultrasound, and the baby looked great! Unfortunately, she was being shy and covering her face the whole time, so we didn't get any good ultrasound pictures to share! Our ultrasound tech said that she is around 3 lb. 9 oz. right now, which would make her on track to be 7 lb. 9 oz. at 40 weeks gestation. She looks completely healthy, and was even showing off her "practice breaths" while we looked at her lung function. She kicked the ultrasound tech repeatedly - I don't think she liked the pressure! We had the ultrasound tech check again, and she is still a girl! :)

We had our shower last week, which was wonderful! It was so nice to see everyone. We were given a lot of very generous gifts, and we're very thankful for that. We were able to start putting the baby's room together this weekend, and it looks adorable! We need a few finishing touches (including the broken drawer that my dad is fixing, as you'll see in the picture below!) but overall her room is coming together!

If anyone has any pictures from our baby shower, can you please email them to me? I'd like to keep some for a photo album I will be making in the future! :)

I'll be 32 weeks this coming Thursday, and I've been feeling ok overall. I've been more and more tired lately, and I've had heartburn so bad that I went to the urgent care center on Friday night with chest pain, thinking that something was wrong with my heart or lungs. After a bunch of tests, it was determined that it was most likely severe heartburn and reflux, and that I need to take it easy and snack during the day, rather than eating large meals. I've been having some issues with sciatica as well. While I still love carrying our baby girl, I'm definitely getting to the point where I'd be happy to be done being pregnant! :) The most important thing is that the baby is healthy, I'm healthy, and Sam is healthy (he had a checkup last week - all is good!), so I can't complain too much!!

Below, I've posted some pictures from the shower, of the baby's room, and me and my belly at 31 weeks. I hope everyone ha
d a great weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment