Monday, August 13, 2012

Updates Galore!





Sam's Week Off: 
We had a wonderful time during Sam's week off a couple of weeks ago. We were able to take Taylor to a splash pad park, and to the DuPage Children's Museum. The highlight of the week, however, was our Forst Family Vacation to Blue Harbor Resort in Sheboygan! My parents took us, along with my sister, Kim, and my brother Eric and his wife Krystle, and we all stayed in a villa close to the beach. We had a wonderful time and were able to relax and enjoy the lake, indoor water park, and resort amenities.

Sam Update: 
Sam met with his doctor last Monday during his inpatient chemotherapy session, and we got some great news. The "slight decrease" in the size of the tumor actually turned out to be more significant than we thought - after 2 rounds of chemotherapy, it looks like the tumor shrunk about 25-30%! In addition to that, the tumor was much darker in the second scan, which means that it is much less active. We are so excited about that news! He did have a rough first week last week, but we are hoping that this week will be a little better. It didn't start off well though - while Sam was giving himself his hydration, he forgot to let the air out of the tube and hooked it to his port, causing an "air embolism". We had to go to the emergency room and spend a few hours there until it was resolved. It was quite a day!

Baby Update: 
Madelyn still seems to be in good health, aside from her one enlarged kidney. The doctor did tell me today that he has seen worse, and that there is still a small chance that it might resolve itself. However, as we get closer to our due date, that becomes less of a possibility. Her fluid and bladder function still look normal though, so it is still looking like a blockage. She is measuring a whopping 4 pounds 14 ounces - she's already in the 78th percentile! The doctor said that, if I were to go to my due date, she would most likely be in the 8.5-9 pound range! I am really hoping she decides to come early!

Taylor Update: 
Taylor is still extremely talkative and imaginative! She has been testing us quite a bit - we feel that she spends a lot of time in time-out lately! We know that it's her age, though! She is getting more and more excited about Madelyn's arrival. We went to our Aunt Maureen and Uncle Jeff's 25th anniversary party last night, and Taylor was quite the dancing queen! She spent the entire night on the dance floor, and had quite a few moves! She is becoming very outgoing and social. And, of course, she continues to amaze us and make us laugh on a daily basis. Here are some of our favorite Taylor-isms lately:
"Ohhh dada, you are so cute!"
"No, I can't grow up right now, I'm eating mac and cheese!"
"When Baby Madelyn comes, I will share my vitamin. She will eat this half, and I will eat the other half!"
 "Mama, when I am older and I go on a school bus and go to school, I will be sad, because I will miss you."


No comments:

Post a Comment